***COME MEET OUR NEWEST PRIEST: FR. REMIGIUS EZEIBEKWE at the SUNDAY 9 AM MASS!!!***
Sunday ENGLISH Mass: 9:00 AM.
Domingo/Sunday SPANISH Mass: 7:30 AM, 10:45 AM, and 12:30 PM
Monday - Friday ENGLISH Mass: 8:00 AM
Miercoles/Wednesday & Viernes/Friday SPANISH Mass: 6:30 PM
Saturday ENGLISH Mass: 5:30 PM (Fullfills Sunday Obligation)
Holy Day: 6:30 PM, 8:00 AM
Holy Day Vigil: 6:30 PM
Confessions: Saturday / Sabados 4 PM (or by appointment in office)
"Give reason and strength to your FAITH and come join Bible Study Fridays!" For more information contact Srs. Lucy or Celina at (424) 368-1122.
We, the People of God, are a multicultural community of faith following the spirit of communion and participation . . . Through faith formation, evangelization, engaging in prayer and inspired by the Eucharist, we are committed to be witnesses of Christ in unity with the church. Walking in unity we make the Church.
COMMUNITY MEETINGS are SUNDAYS at 10:30 AM in the ST PETER Room on the following dates:
June 25, 2017
October 15, 2017
November 19, 2017
We welcome you to come start your New Year with the Catholic Community of St Frances X. Cabrini. The Holy Spirit is calling you. Begin your new journey today!!!
***Resources to Enhance Your Faith Journey***
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CONGRESS 2017 Speakers on Audio (CD):
http://www.csctapes.com/tapes/rec17.htm or PHONE: (805) 526-5436
1a. “Embrace Trust” by Msgr. Ray East (Religious Education Congress 2017 Keynote Speaker)
1b. "The New Evangelization: Trust the Holy Spirit for the Holy Results" by Msgr. Raymond East (Keynote Speaker)
2. "Conscience and Adult Conscience Formation" by Fr. Bryan Massingale.
3. "Expressions of Catholic Life in a Global Church" by Thomas Landy.
4. "Tell Me Why? – Understanding What We Believe" by Fr. R. Tony Ricard.
5. "Empowered by the Spirit: How College Campus Ministry Influences Parish Life" by Rosie Chinea Shawver.
6. "Empowering Parents as Disciples and Teachers" by Jared Dees.
7. "Say Something … I’m Giving Up On You!" by Fr. R. Tony Ricard.
8. "Let's Answer Those Tough Catholic Questions" by Fr. John Cusick.
9. "A New Solidarity: A Spirituality for Caring for Our Common Home" by Ted Miles & ValLimar Jansen.
10. "Our Faith Matters: A Candid Discussion About Race" by ValLimar Jansen, Msgr. Raymond East, Fr. Bryan Massingale & C. Vanessa White.
CONVERSION Stories: Books and Audio (CDs):
1. "Surprised By Truth" by Patrick Madrid -(conversion stories; book)
2. "No Price Too High" by Deacon Alex Jones - (conversion story)
3. "Find the Fullness of Faith" by Stephen Ray - (conversion story)
4. "The Making of a Jewish Nun" by Mother Miriam of the Lamb of God - (conversion story)
5. "Confessions of a Mega Church Pastor" by Dr. Allen Hunt - (conversion story)
6. "Why Be Catholic" by Patrick Madrid - (conversion, evangelization, apologetics)
St. Frances X. Cabrini primarily served an African American population from Louisiana. During the 1980s, families from Belize, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and Puerto Rico joined the community. The 1992 Los Angeles Riots impacted parish registration as families moved out of the area. Since the 1990s our African, Caribbean, and Latin populations have increased as families move into the area from Nigeria, Belize, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Mexico.